Multiple positions available in Saxon Wharf in Southampton UK.
Our Argo Nautical aftercare team are recruiting for experienced Marine Engineers to work as part of our busy servicing team both in the UK.
Reporting to the General Aftercare Manager, you will accurately and skilfully undertake the general and warranty repair, servicing and reconditioning of new and used motor yachts to the highest standards and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate must have similar marine experience with a proven record of skills and knowledge within the industry, preferably working with servicing and maintaining pleasure crafts and motor yachts. You should be confident in troubleshooting and being able to work well within a team, but also unsupervised. The candidate must be able to be customer facing, providing a first-class service to our boat owners.
1. To ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of all vessels
2. To carry out pre-delivery inspections and testing of all vessels. To include the rectification and repair of all sub-standard components and systems on board as required and accurately completing the required documentation.
3. To undertake all aspects of work to ensure the vessel is in a condition to present to the customer at time of handover, to include cleaning as required.
4. To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vessels, their components and diagnose faults.
5. To carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner with a right-first-time philosophy.
6. To report current and possible future vessel faults and servicing requirements noticed whilst fulfilling a job.
7. To ensure vessels comply with safety standards when returned to the customer and that any faults have been reported and noted on the job card.
8. Carry out and adhere to the approved used checklist, creating an accurate document quoting the works effectively and carrying out the rectification work required.
9. Work closely with sub-contractors to ensure the addition of all retro-fitted items are carried out with the maximum efficiency and the upmost protection of the vessel at all times.
10. Attend customer’s vessels to carry out any warranty repairs and service work both locally and further afield to the highest standards and ensuring that the vessel is looked after whilst working on board.
11. To ensure that all hours and materials usage are recorded accurately, and to minimise wastage.
12. Liaise with customers on a technical basis, offering sound and knowledgeable advice on the care and maintenance of their vessel.
13. Attend the build-up or break-down of stands, and be present at boat shows as required
14. Ensure all health and safety and internal safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
A full driving license is required for this role. Salary dependent on experience and skill set.
Please apply by filling in the form below.
Experienced Marine Engineer - Southampton
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up now to be the first to hear about our news and updates.