Established in 1966, Argo Nautical Ltd is a premier marine company that sits behind a number of brands in the luxury marine sector. The brands we are delighted to represent include Princess, for which we are the largest worldwide dealer, Chris-Craft, Saxdor, as well as independent luxury yacht Brokerage, Argo Yachting. We have a thriving commercial operation comprising sales and service in the luxury yachting market with bases across Europe.
We invite you to join the Argo Nautical aftercare team in the UK and Mallorca, servicing and maintaining luxury motor yachts from either Southampton, UK or Son Bugadellas, Mallorca. Our team of experienced engineers work together as a team to maintain a high standard of yacht servicing for our owners, whether locally or abroad.
Reporting to the General Aftercare Manager, you will accurately and skilfully undertake the general and warranty repair, servicing and reconditioning of new and used motor yachts to the highest standards and customer satisfaction. We are looking for multiple candidates who must have similar marine experience with a proven record of skills and knowledge within the industry, preferably working with servicing and maintaining pleasure crafts and motor yachts.
Your key responsibilities:
1. To ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of all vessels
2. To carry out pre-delivery inspections and testing of all vessels.
3. To undertake all aspects of work to ensure the vessel is in a condition to present to the customer at time of handover, to include cleaning as required.
4. To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vessels, their components and diagnose faults.
5. To carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner with a right-first-time philosophy.
6. To report current and possible future vessel faults and servicing requirements noticed whilst fulfilling a job.
7. To ensure vessels comply with safety standards when returned to the customer and that any faults have been reported and noted on the job card.
8. Carry out and adhere to the approved used checklist, creating an accurate document quoting the works effectively and carrying out the rectification work required.
9. Work closely with sub-contractors to ensure the addition of all retro-fitted items are carried out with the maximum efficiency and the upmost protection.
10. Attend customer’s vessels to carry out any warranty repairs and service work both locally and further afield to the highest standards.
11. To ensure that all hours and materials usage are recorded accurately, and to minimise wastage.
12. Liaise with customers on a technical basis, offering sound and knowledgeable advice on the care of their vessel.
13. Attend the build-up or break-down of stands, and be present at boat shows as required
14. Ensure all health and safety and internal safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
A full driving license is required for this role. Salary dependent on experience and skill set.
To apply, please fill in the form below, selecting which location in which you would like to work.